Thank you for your interest in becoming an instructor and submitting courses to our Partners in Education Program. We only consider courses from our approved Georgia Association of REALTORS® (GAR) Partners in Education instructors.
Before completing any forms and applying to become an instructor and/or submit your course for consideration, please read the INSTRUCTOR INFORMATION SHEET.
To become an approved GAR Partners in Education instructor, please fill out the INSTRUCTOR APPLICATION and return it to the Professional Development Department at email@example.com, along with your current bio (one or two paragraphs in Word) and your photo (saved as a jpeg).
To be approved as a Partner’s In Education (PIE) instructor, you must: (Please provide documentation.)
- Complete the Georgia Instructor Training (GIT) workshop within the (4) years prior to application. (For information on the GIT, please visit the following link: www.grec-git.com.), OR
- Complete all (4) modules of the online instructor development courses developed by Carmel Streater, PhD, DREI, within the (4) years prior to application (click here), OR
- Complete any other instructor training class as approved by the Professional Development Committee, OR
- Hold a current and active instructor license from the Georgia Real Estate Commission or Georgia Real Estate Appraiser’s Board, OR
- Provide evidence of teaching at least (4) classes involving a minimum of (12) hours within the (6) months prior to application or at least (10) classes involving a minimum of (30) hours within the (12) months prior to application. Classes must be approved by the Georgia Real Estate Commission or Georgia Real Estate Appraiser’s Board, OR
- Provide evidence of at least (25) hours of platform presentation within the (6) months prior to application or at least (60) hours of platform presentation within the (12) months prior to application.
The Professional Development Committee will make the final decision as to whether you will become a GAR-approved instructor, eligible to teach through our school.
You must submit your application to become an instructor and at least one course approval request at the same time. Of course, you must first be approved as an instructor before any of your classes could be considered by our school.
To submit a course for approval, you must complete and submit:
- the COURSE APPROVAL FORM, AND
- the COURSE SUBMISSION CHECKLIST & GUIDELINES (complete page 1), AND
- PROPER COURSE OBJECTIVES (minimum of one objective per hour of instruction), AND
- a timed outline, AND
- all class materials, including the presentation (for example, a PowerPoint presentation), AND the handout, if it is different than the PowerPoint. (Unless told otherwise, the student handout will be the presentation slides printed 3-to-a-page.)
If the course you are submitting has been approved for Georgia CE Credit through another GREC-approved school, please provide us with the following:
- School name,
- GREC school number, and
- GREC course code.
If you are approved as a Partners in Education (PIE) instructor, you will be a provisional instructor until you have taught at least (3) PIE class sessions and earn a combined average evaluation grade of three (3) or higher within eighteen (18) months of your approval.
If you have any questions, please contact the Professional Development Department at PIE@garealtor.com, 678-597-4125.