1. The obligation to participate in arbitration contemplated by this Article includes the obligation of REALTOR® (principals) to cause their firms to arbitrate and be bound by any award.
2. Arbitration facilities for Board/Association Members are mandatory in the types of arbitration described in the preceding paragraphs (1) and (2). Arbitration facilities are offered as voluntary in the types of arbitrations described in the preceding paragraphs (3) and (5). No arbitration facilities will be allowed without signed Arbitration agreements from both parties. Arbitration facilities for Board/Association members will not be provided in the types of arbitrations as described below in preceding paragraphs (4) and (6). (Page 136, Section 44 of the NAR COE and Arbitration Manual).
3. Please read the Arbitrable Issues and print the Request and Agreement to Arbitrate Form A-1 to file an Arbitration Request.
4. To file an Arbitration Request, please complete and submit the following to the Georgia Association of REALTORS®, 6065 Barfield Road, Atlanta, GA 30328:
$250.00 filing fee deposit
Typed detailed description of the events
Any documentation that is relevant to your request.
5. If the circumstances giving rise to the arbitration request are subject of civil litigation, the request will be held in abeyance until these matters have been resolved.
6. Once your Arbitration request has been received, you will be notified by email. The Georgia Association of REALTORS® has two scheduled Grievance meetings per month. You will be notified of their findings and the next step in the process within 48 hours of their meeting being held.
7. Mediation vs. Arbitration - Watch NAR's one-minute video, which provides a brief summary of the benefits of mediation. Click Here
8. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Christina Chow, Director of Legal Affairs at 678-597-4128.