How do I Join the Georgia REALTORS®?
There are two ways to join our association -- each is based on whether you are currently a member of the National Association of REALTORS®.
- If you are not a member of the National Association of REALTORS®, you may be eligible to join one of our boards/associations as a primary member.
- If you are a member in another state, you are eligible to join as a secondary member.
In order to join our association as a primary member, you must contact one of our local boards. Which board or boards you are eligible to join is based on whether you are a sales agent, broker, certified licensed appraiser, licensed community association manager or a person who is in sympathy with the objectives of our association.
- If you are a sales agent, you are eligible to join any of the boards/associations in which your broker is a member.
- If you are a broker, you may join any one of our local boards/associations.
- If you are none of the above, you may be eligible to join as an Affiliate member. Contact any one of our local boards/associations.
Each board offers different advantages and has different dues. Part of your membership dues will include not only the local board's dues, but also our state and national dues.
If you have a primary membership in the National Association of REALTORS® through another state, then your membership options with us are as follows.
You may join:
- the Georgia Association of REALTORS® (GAR) only. (Benefits include on-line access to GAR Contract Forms, legislative updates, our Georgia REALTORS® magazine, networking at the state level, discounts from our Affinity Partners, and discounts for GAR classes and conferences.)
- both a Georgia local board/association and GAR.
Click here for a GAR Secondary Membership Form.
Who to Contact for Membership
To join only GAR (with no membership in one of our local boards/associations) as a secondary member, please contact Ginger Goodyear at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-597-4118. To qualify for joining as a secondary member, you must be a REALTOR® member in another state.
It Adds Up...Click here to see what a GAR membership is worth!