The Communications and Public Relations Committee shall be charged with the responsibility to advise and recommend policy matters concerning communication vehicles including printed publications, on-line versions of information, and information delivered via current and future emerging technological methods.
Number on Committee:
Appointed by the President
Appointed by the President-Elect
Chair, Vice Chair, Vice President of Member and Public Services, the Chair of the Association Executives Forum, the Chair of the Technology Forum, a member of YPN and thirteen At-Large members. The Regional Directors are contributing members. If representatives from the above mentioned categories are not available, substitutions may be made from the general membership. The President and President-Elect are ex-officio members with the right to vote.
One year for the Vice President of Member and Public Services and the Chair of the Association Executives Forum, Technology Forum and YPN member, Two years (staggered) for the At-Large members
Vice President of Member and Public Services, Executive Committee, Board of Directors
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shall educate the general public on preservation of private property rights and/or Georgia Association of REALTORS® dedication to protect them
- Shall promote the best interest and act as the voice of the Georgia Association of REALTORS® to its various publics as follows: consumers, the Georgia Association of REALTORS® membership, political and property owners to determine and coordinate the needs of the various real estate communities; and to devise program and method of addressing such needs
- Shall develop programs of community involvement and improvement for the Georgia Association of REALTORS®
- Shall promote participation in such programs to the members of the Georgia Association of REALTORS®
- Shall promote programs to the general public to enhance the REALTOR® image
- Shall facilitate the formation of coalitions between the Georgia Association of REALTORS® and agencies designed to improve the quality of life in communities
- Shall review the Georgia Association of REALTORS® web site design and usability to ensure it is meeting membership needs in even numbered years.
- Shall not seek partnership funding from the Partnership Committee or any Partner of the Georgia Association of REALTORS®
- All requests for funds are to be channeled through the Finance Committee for inclusion in its report to the Executive Committee as to the budgeting impact of such funds requests
- Shall perform such other duties as directed by the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee or the President