The Equal Opportunity/Cultural Diversity Committee shall develop and recommend policy promoting equal opportunity in housing and diversity within the real estate industry.
Number on Committee:
Appointed by the President
Appointed by the President-Elect
Chair, vice Chair, and one member from each Georgia Association of REALTORS® regions including one member from the Professional Development Committee as designated by the Chair of Professional Development. The President, President-Elect and Vice President of Professional Development are ex-officio members with the right to vote.
Two years (staggered)
Vice President of Professional Development, Executive Committee, Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shall address the REALTOR® response to growing cultural diversity
- Shall coordinate the Georgia Association of REALTORS® activities to increase diversity within the real estate profession and the Georgia Association of REALTORS® membership
- Shall identify the concerns and needs of minority members and to assist in the development of actions to address those concerns and needs
- Shall encourage fair housing and cultural diversity education programs for the membership
- Shall encourage the adoption and implementation of the Fair Housing Partnership Agreement with HUD field office, public and private fair housing agencies and other organizations in the housing community
- Shall encourage cooperation with governmental agencies that have the responsibilities of promulgation and enforcement of the fair housing laws to insure equal opportunity for all people
- Shall create a greater awareness of available equal opportunity resources from the National Association of REALTORS® and other organizations to the local boards and membership
- One member of Equal Opportunity/Cultural Diversity Committee will also serve on Professional Development as designated by the Chair of the Equal Opportunity/Cultural Diversity
- Shall not seek partnership funding from the Partnership Committee or any Partner of the Georgia Association of REALTORS®
- All requests for funds are to be channeled through the Finance Committee for inclusion in its report to the Executive Committee as to the budgeting impact of such funds requests
- Shall perform such other duties as directed by the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee or the President
- Periodically review the overall duties and responsibilities of the committee in order to ensure that the committee’s strategies and plans of action are relevant and timely, and recommend proposed amendments to the Board of Directors