Purpose: The GAR Speaker’s Bureau shall seek to establish GAR as “The Voice for Real Estate in Georgia” through both reactive and proactive communications with all media outlets, and to act as goodwill ambassadors for GAR in the local community by representing REALTORS® at a variety of business and civic functions.
Number on Committee: Varies
Chairman: Vice President of Member and Public Services
Vice Chairman: N/A
Makeup: Line officers; appointees from around Georgia, appointed by the President
Term: One year for line officers
Two years for appointees
Reporting: Executive Committee, Board of Directors
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shall be an advocate for GAR as the protector of private property rights in Georgia
- Shall promote the ethical and professional standards of the REALTOR® organization to the public and to the membership
- Shall assist the Director of Communications and Marketing with interview requests from local, state, national and international media outlets
- Shall facilitate positive relations with local civic or business organizations, including, but not limited to, chambers of commerce, Rotary Clubs, Kiwanis Clubs, Lions Clubs, etc.
- Shall be familiar with and promote NAR and GAR talking points to the public and the media in order to advocate the REALTOR® organization position on a variety of issues related to the real estate industry
- Shall attend appropriate spokesperson training